About Kevin Brown
Kevin A. Brown became the City Treasurer of Petersburg on January 1, 2010. Kevin holds a BA degree in Banking & Finance from Morehouse College. Kevin has 20 years of Commercial Financing experience, with his last position before running for this office, being an Assistant Vice President for Business Banking with SunTrust Bank. Mr. Brown and his family have been residing in Petersburg, since 2005.
Mr. Brown has been very active in the Petersburg Community as a Deacon of Zion Baptist Church, a member of the Petersburg Children’s Foundation Advisory Board and a volunteer for Junior Achievement with the Petersburg Public School System.
Kevin Brown is a:
- Proud husband and father of three.
- Deacon of Zion Baptist Church and an active member of the faith-based community.
- VP of the VA Democratic Municipal Officials Association.
- Volunteers for Junior Achievement with Petersburg public schools.
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance from Morehouse College.
- Has 24 years experience in Banking, Finance & Treasury Services.
- Leads the Financial Literacy Council for Operation Hope-Petersburg.